Thursday, January 15, 2009

An Herbalist's best friend


I'm sure depending on my perspective, this answer could change. But at the moment, I'll say that kitchen mischief's best companion is arguably this:

really satisfying music.

And that is hard to find - if your not dedicated to spending time in the Border's isles or reading reviews, etc. You are at the mercy of what you come across. Or in my case, stumble upon.

It began by reading her blog, albeit with with one eye shut. Just like Dr. Seuss' cat - I would read it and my head would burn and nearly smoulder.... my shut eye tightened and my open eye widened. I would read half a blog post, close it and read the rest later..... taking me on a multi-day swing. "Why?" you ask?

Well, her writing is exactly what I wanted to hear - yet packaged in a truthful, lovingly bossy kind of way; a way that makes you keep coming back for more once you accept that you're ready to welcome in joy and start looking more honestly at your own ways. It's an exercise in what I've now decided to be my - uh - two - words of my year:
Truth, and Possibility.

Christine Kane has a magic wand..... one that's like a needle sewing real life beauty into readable, hearable, wearable, BEable prose, and I'm finding that it suits my taste perfectly. And did I mention a magic voice? Velvety, womanly yet simple and playful, almost a mix of Erica Wheeler and Shawn Colvin, but with a decided uniqueness all her own.

I'm filling my kitchen with her sounds that lift my spirit, remind me of my loveliness, our oneness, and life's mysterious ways. My Oatstraw and Sassafras are quite enjoying it. Go ahead - buy her CD or pull her up on Rhapsody. You'll be happy you did!

Thanks Christine for just doing what you do, and then sharing it.

5 comments:

Livia Indica said...

Hey there. I gotta tell you that I didn't read this entire post. Not because I didn't want to but because I can't. The text font is so dark it's painful to try and read.

Ananda said...

Hi Livia,

Let me know if this color is any better?
Thanks

Lisa Zahn said...

Thanks for the link to someone new to listen to. I will check it out!

Anonymous said...

I just saw this post and got shivers, as I *just* discovered Christine's blog a few days ago! I've not listened to her music yet but am about to pop over to the blog and do just that. I love her writing, and am now excited to hear the music.

Have you heard Jaiya's music (jaiya.ca)? I just found it at the Solstice and it's amazing.

BTW, this is SaraMorgaine (using my usual online name of Cyberdelia), who purchased your salves a few months ago...your lip balm is a goddess-send right now! The salves have been equally perfect! :-) Blessed be!

Sara said...

I just saw this post and got shivers, as I *just* discovered Christine's blog a few days ago! I've not listened to her music yet but am about to pop over to the blog and do just that. I love her writing, and am now excited to hear the music.

Have you heard Jaiya's music (jaiya.ca)? I just found it at the Solstice and it's amazing.

BTW, this is SaraMorgaine (using my usual online name of Cyberdelia), who purchased your salves a few months ago...your lip balm is a goddess-send right now! The salves have been equally perfect! :-) Blessed be!