Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Catnip worship



Now that's plant love!


Needless to say I can't ever harvest my catnip until it's taller than where the cats rub. Right now, there's more cat fur on it than leaves!

But, I swear, it keeps my cats close to home. They even clear out all the surrounding leaves to have at it. It's absolutely adorable.


And while I'm on the subject, I'll cheat away from my next post on some treasure books I found by showing you the little book on catnip. Those Labiatae's sure know how to make good plants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the neighbour's cat stole my catnip. It was growing happily, then the next day there's nothing there but a hole !

Ananda said...

yup - sounds like a catnip Caper to me!
Getting plants that are older before you plant them helps, because the roots are stronger and resist the pulling. Or you can put up a cage around it - but that's not very attractive.
good luck!

Yarrow said...

LOL My cats do the same thing. My catnip is about a foot tall, and they can lie under it now. They really love the stuff.